Like many others I was moved by the picture of the dead toddler on the beach and have been doing some research into what we can do to help. Here is a list:
1. The Independent newspaper has published a number of ways to help.
2. Calais Action on Facebook has postings from people who are actually driving to Calais and are looking for donations. Below is a list of things that are currently needed.
3. CalAid on Facebook organises drop off days for people who want to donate things
4. Should you wish to house a refugee you can put your name down with a German organisation that is co-ordinating accommodation all over Europe. The form for your details can be found here
5. Donations of money http://donate.unhcr.org/international/syria